Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bad luck has a Name

I've just recovered from the flu and it wasn't pretty. With no medicine or money to buy any, I had the flu for longer then I should have had it. I could have filled a 2liter bottle of your favorite soft drink with all the mucus I dished out but thats not very appealing to think about. All year long I never get sick but this damn flu bug always gets me around this time of year. It got me a bit earlier then ususal. I just had some pretty awful milk. The expiration date may say Oct.15 but the taste tells me different. I've been sleeping on a small uncomfortable couch for about a year now and it sucks! Neck cramps, sore backs, and walking up on the floor are what I could usually expect the morning after. Now before any of you go preach on to me about being grateful that I at least I have a couch to sleep on, I know! If I am grateful to have a couch how should you feel? You have your own cozy beds.



You've just witness an example of how I tend to go on random rants about a series of unfortunate events always using humor to put a light note on my misfortunes but there was a time when I use to deal with it differently. I use to wallow in my own self-pity. I couldn't deal with all the bad news I'd get all the time. They seemed to always pile up on me. One bad thing after another. "Why do these bad things happen to me all the time?!" I would ask to no one in particular. It became ridiculous how much would happen that I couldn't help but laugh at my luck. After sometime I stop fighting it and accepted it. I started sugarcoating it with the only way I knew how...with humor. Bad things happen to me "well that's the story of my life".



Seemed fitting.

Does this mean I concede to having a bad life and thats how its always going to be? No! Hell no! I would be the living dead if I did. But it lightens the force of the impact when it ever comes around, you know? If your ready for it then it can't hurt too bad. Whether rational or not this is how i deal. We all have irrational ways of handling our problems. I'm curious, Whats yours?

No comments: