Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Expectations

October is finally here! Playoff baseball! A year closer to death! All Hallow's Eve! Its good to see somethings never change.

I got pulled away by a phone call right after writing the previous sentence. I'm back now... I'm a little upset now. I had an argument. What the argument was about is not important. What I have to do with that negative energy is channel it into something positive. Why did it upset me as much as it did? Let's think...oh wait! another call.

Just finished talking to some old buddies from high school and feel much better.

This is a perfect example of how the affect of talking to one person then another is night and day.

EXPECTATIONS!

I expect too much from that person and unfortuntely doing that will set me up for many letdowns.

People are not here to meet our expectations-Leo Buscaglia

That's such a great quote and it makes so much sense yet I can't cement it into my cranium to think that way.

Just under a year ago I experienced what I consider to be the greatest and happiest three to four days of my life and I believe it to be so great in part because I had no expectations of it being anything and it turned out to be everything. I was just in a different mindset then.

Its tough to not put much thought into someone you think highly of . I can't! Its like neglecting someone from being something great.

Do I lower my expectations? I can already hear one person's voice telling me "NO!" A loud one a that.

I expect much from many of you and at times I'm letdown. It bums me out!

Ahhh!!!! Its like 1:30 in the morning and I can't think anymore. So much I would like to add to this topic but I don't think I could say much more. My brain's fried! Oh well. I bet you all expected more from me. (Laugh)


1 comment:

a_sad_clown said...

what happened just under a year ago?