Saturday, September 20, 2008

Help Wanted America

On an unconventional morning out two unemployed joe's went looking for a job.
Sounds like a beginning of some kind of horrible joke but I promise you its not. My friend and I drove down beverly blvd stopping at any place we ran across that had a "Help Wanted" sign or look like needed help or place we thought we would enjoy working out but unfortunately the bowling alley didn't need our assistant. After rejection upon rejects we decided beggers couldn't be choosers but boy I hadn't been rejected by these many women since I was in house school. We then went from Starbucks to Pizza Hut to the Montebello mall and anything you could think of under the moon, it looks like Mcdonald's is our best shot at being working men.
Finally we return to my buddies house where we bullshitted some while listening to some great jazz from John Coltrane to Chet Barker to Charlie Parker. Explaining to my friend that I really don't feel like writing today but feel I have a dedicated to all of you as well as myself to keep writing and keep growing he should me a poem by Allen Ginsberg that I'd like to leave you with. Enjoy.

No comments: