Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nervous Breakdowns and Unrequited Love

For the past two days i've had major moment of nervous and mental breakdowns. Its so intense and nothing like i've ever felt. The minutes feel like hours. Its unbearable and i can't stand being in my own skin. I get hot flashes, can't breath, chills and I start sobbing uncontrollably. I rarely get sick but on this one I'm scared for my health. I'd like to see what wikipedia has to offer me as a diagnosis.

Panic attacks are sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety, mounting physiological arousal, fear, stomach problems and discomfort that are associated with a variety of somatic and cognitive symptoms.

Futhermore; many who experience a panic attack for the first time fear they are having a heart attack or a nervous breakdown

Now that I think of it. I may being suffering from the follow symptoms:

chronic and unresolved grief
unemployment
chronic insomnia and other sleep disorders
Unrequited Love

I enjoy how one thing can lead to another and i think i hit the holy grail with Unrequited Love. Now most of these blogs are destine to be about love in one from or another because I find nothing in life to be far more important.

Unrequited love - Unrequited love is love that is not openly reciprocated, even though reciprocation is usually deeply desired. This can lead to feelings such as depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, and rapid mood swings between depression and euphoria.

A.E. Housman wrote a poem inspired by his life-long unrequited love for his best friend Moses Jackson thats worth taking a peak at:

He would not stay for me, and who can wonder?
He would not stay for me to stand and gaze.
I shook his hand and tore my heart in sunder
And went with half my life about my ways


Now that poem makes me think quite a bit on my situation because its very similar. Am I doomed to live the rest of my life loving someone that can't love me the way I love them? Geezs I hope not.

If "TODAY IS MY LAST DAY ON EARTH" I leave you with a verse from Carl Sandburg poem "Little Word, Little white bird". "Love, can it hit one without hitting two and leave the one lost and groping?"

1 comment:

a_sad_clown said...

aww juice, is it the same girl that haunts you so?