Friday, September 19, 2008

The Way We Were

"Its funny how life has a way about her of bringing certain things to you right when you need to stumble upon them...kind of like she's aware of what you need to stumble upon them...kind of like she's aware of what you're ready to be receptive to".


Katie
It's cause I'm not attractive enough isn't it? I'm not fishing really, I'm not. I know I'm attractive.
Sort of...But...I'm not attractive in...I'm not attractive in the right way, am I? I don't have the right style for you, do I?...Be my friend?
Hubbell
No...You don't have the right style
Katie
I'll change
Hubbell
NO! Don't change. Your your own girl. You have your own style
Katie
But then I won't have you. Why can't I have you!? Why!?
Hubbell
Because you push to hard! EVERY DAMN MINUTE! I mean we don't..(laugh) there's no time to just relax and enjoy living. Everything is too serious to be too serious.
Katie
If I push to hard it's because I want things to be better! I want us to be better! I want you to be better. Sure I make waves. I mean you have to. And I'll keep making them until your every wonderful thing you should be and will be! You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much.
Hubbell
I know that
Katie
Well then Why?
Hubbell
You expect to much
Katie
Well look at what I've got

1 comment:

sandersroman said...

Oh man, I didn't think anyone else had ever watched "The Way We Were."

X)